The HEN offers multiple formats to achieve Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Initial Certification or Recertification.
ACLS Recertification Condensed format: This is a 4 hour, instructor led classroom format. Student must come in well prepared as this is a fast paced class. Preparation should include pretest completion, review of Acute Coronary Syndrome video and Stroke video from AHA student website prior to class. BLS available.
ACLS Recertification: This is a 6-8 hour, instructor led classroom format. ACLS Recertification can be achieved by participating in this stand-alone offering or by attending day 1 of any 2 day ACLS Provider course. Student has a current card or is an approved advanced practitioner appropriate for Recertification. BLS available.
ACLS Provider: This is a two day, 12-14 hour Instructor led classroom format. For the student who has never certified in ACLS. BLS available.
ONLINE OPTION: The AHA now offers an online program for Recertification or New Provider. The Heartcode AHA ACLS online will take 4- 8 hours to complete and then contact Kstillman@thehen.biz to make an appointment to have the 1 hour skill verification completed. 8 CE/CME awarded
- Participants are expected to be familiar with the 2010 AHA Textbook of Advanced Cardiac Life Support. Direction for book library or purchase upon registration.
- Completion of the ACLS Pretest
- If looking to certify in BLS, the AHA online BLS program must be completed prior to class
- Familarity with resuscitation equipment
- Knowledge in ECG interpretation
- AHA Algorithm reference card(s)
- Access to AHA student review website and pretest
- Confirmation letter with directions, time date and course specifics.