The HEN offers multiple formats to achieve Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) initial Certification or Recertification.
PALS Recertification: This is a 6-8 hour, instructor led classroom format. PALS Recertification can be achieved by participating in this stand-alone offering or by attending day 1 of any 2 day PALS Provider course. Student has a current card or is an approved advanced practitioner appropriate for Recertification.
PALS Provider: This is a two day, 12-14 hour Instructor led classroom format. For the student who has never certified in PALS.
ONLINE OPTION: The AHA now offers an online program for Recertification or New Provider. The Heartcode AHA PALS online will take 4- 8 hours to complete and then contact. Kstillman@thehen.biz to make an appointment to have the 1 hour skill verification completed.
8 CE/CME awarded
- Participants are expected to be familiar with the 2010 AHA Textbook of Advanced Cardiac Life Support. Direction for book library or purchase upon registration.
- Completion of the AHA PALS Pretest
- Familiarity with resuscitation equipment
- Knowledge in ECG interpretation
- 2010 AHA Textbook of Pedatric Advanced Support
- 2010 AHA PALS Algorithm cards
- Confirmation letter upon registration