Vail Valley ACLS Courses
If you are a Centura, Vail Valley Medical Center or Valley View Hospital employee, click here to download the appropriate registration form.
If you are not employed by the above facilities, click here to register for the class.
Please contact Katie Kstillman@thehen.biz directly to register for all 2017 classes
Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Condensed Recertification Course
The condensed ACLS Recertification course is a 4 hour format for the busy practitioner. Good preparation for the course is required for successful completion of the ACLS skills stations and written exam. The American Heart Association website provides access to a pretest with pharmacology, ECG and algorithm review. The Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS) and Stroke video are to be reviewed prior to class. The student is tested on ACS and Stroke and these cases are not reviewed in the classroom. Lots of hands on time with defibrillators, algorithm review and high quality CPR.
- Participants are expected to be familiar with the 2010 AHA Textbook of Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- If looking to certify in BLS, the AHA online BLS program must be completed prior to class
- Review of the Acute Coronary Syndrome and Stroke video available at AHA student website
- Familiarity with resuscitation equipment
- Knowledge in ECG interpretation: Ventricular Fibrillation (VF), Ventricular Tachycardia (VT), Asystole, Supraventricular Tachycardia (SVT) and Bradycardia
- Pharmacology review with focus on Adenosine, Atropine, Amiodarone, Vasopressin and Epinephrine. Be familiar with Dopamine and Epinephrine drips
Upon registration, each student receives a packet that includes:
- AHA ACLS Algorithm reference card
- Link to AHA BLS online program: Only used if participant wanting to certify in BLS with this ACLS course
- A confirmation letter and the course materials are sent upon registration