ACLS courses in Denver
Alternatively, click here to register online.
“Shockingly Better™” Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Condensed Course
The Health Education Network (HEN) holds two regularly scheduled ACLS/BLS classes every month, one on a Saturday and the other on a Wednesday. They are held at the Denver Athletic Club, located in the heart of downtown Denver. Parking costs $5 for the entire day. All classes are done in accordance with the new American Heart Association (AHA) format. The classes are taught by healthcare professionals in a very proactive, intimate and relaxed environment. Students leave class with their American Heart Association ACLS card, good for two years.
- Participants are expected to be familiar with the 2010 AHA Textbook of Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- If looking to certify in BLS, the AHA online BLS program must be completed prior to class
- Review of the Acute Coronary Syndrome and Stroke video available at AHA student website
- Familiarity with resuscitation equipment
- Knowledge in ECG interpretation
Upon registration, each student receives a packet that includes:
- AHA ACLS Algorithm reference card
- Link to AHA BLS online program: Only used if participant wanting to certify in BLS with this ACLS course.
- A confirmation letter and the course materials are sent upon registration
ACLS Course Format Options
- Option 1: Traditional classroom setting; incorporates the new Watch While Practice (WWP) DVD format of the American Heart Association. This format is available on both the Wednesday and Saturday classes.
- Option 2: The AHA on-line HeartCode™ ACLS program. The student completes the on-line AHA ACLS program, then attends a skill verification to generate the AHA ACLS card. The skills component is scheduled independently or can be scheduled during the Wednesday or Saturday classes. More information about this option is provided below. To schedule a skills course or ask any questions, send an email to email@example.com.
ACLS Skill Verification
The ACLS Skill verification is completed after the student completes the AHA Heartcode Online program available at www.onlineaha.org. The HEN will provide the AHA ACLS card after completion of the hour long skill verification for a cost of $125.00. Appointments for skill verification (based on student schedule) can be made by contacting Wpaston@thehen.biz